We are operating 354 Computer Learning Centers (CLC) in the underprivileged areas of Bangladesh during last ten years. These centers are operating smoothly, and are producing more than 2,000 computer literacy graduates every two months.
Computer Literacy Program: How it comes to life
You can adopt your favorite child-hood school or any other school of your choice as a CLC site by donating US tax-deductible to CLP. The total cost for establishing a CLC is $3000 and, a SCR in an existing CLC is $3600 or CLC with SCR is $6500 or equivalent Taka in Bangladesh. The cost of SCR and both will be lower in specific conditions. See here in details.
In return, CLP will establish a Computer Lab and Smart Class Room at your chosen site consisting of:
- Four new brand-name laptop computers
- One printer
- Internet Modem and other computer peripherals
- Structured curriculum
- Teachers’ guide
- Training of one teacher
- Incentive remuneration for teachers with every month activity
- One-year maintenance contract
Smart Class Room:
- A 40 inch or larger LCD TV in a class room
- IPS for the monitor and/or 400 Watt Solar system for interruptible electricity**
- A laptop with extended-charge battery
- Interactive CDs for English, Geometry, Geography and Science lessons
- Training of the teachers
- One year maintenance contract
** Only IPS with 2-hour electricity storage (no solar) is provided to schools with reliable electricity and IPS with Solar system is provided to schools with unreliable electricity.
- Opportunity to empower youths from sponsor’s locality
- Opportunity to choose the site
- Honored by a plaque at the site
- Option to dedicate the center in the memory of someone the sponsor chooses